Awards & Accreditation
- Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 GL Law achieved certification in June 2022.
- The Law Society Wills & Inheritance Quality Accredited We have the best practice quality mark awarded by The Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS). We adhere to set client service standards to ensure transparency in process, costs and communications.
- The Law Society Conveyancing Quality Accredited We have the best practice quality mark awarded by The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). We follow set best practices to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service.
- Bristol & West of England China Bureau – Member for 10 years
- Bristol Law Society Awards 2021 – Winner, Lawyer of the Year (Heledd Wyn)
- Bristol Law Society Awards 2021 – Finalist, Law Firm of the Year (up to 20 partners), Team of the Year (Property) & Lawyer of the Year (Heledd Wyn)
- Law Society Excellence Awards 2021 – Finalist, Practice Promotion
- Bristol Life Awards 2021 – Finalist, Law Firm of the Year
- Bristol Property Awards 2021 – Finalist, Law Firm of the Year
- Bristol Life Awards 2020 – Winner, Law Firm of the Year The judges said the firm had achieved; “Admirable growth in its Bristol team with its notably long-serving employees being a clear testament to its approach” and was an “Impressive contributor to the social and business fabric of Bristol.”
- The Legal 500, 2022 The Legal 500 analyses the capabilities of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research programme revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The GL Law Family, Personal Tax, Trusts & Probate, Litigation, Licensing, and Corporate & Commercial teams were recognised in the 2022 edition. Melissa Toney was identified as a Rising Star.
- Chambers & Partners, 2022 Our Family and Litigation teams have been named in the 2022 Chambers & Partners, which identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 180 jurisdictions throughout the world. James Myatt and Richard Gore are recognised individuals.
HMRC announces an updated approach to the clearance process and timeline for IHT100 forms
The Funding Gap: Seller Protection in an MBO
Family business & next generation succession
Father's Day: What are your Rights after Divorce or Separation?
Hello Forfeiture – my old friend
MBOs - how long should deferred consideration be deferred? And should interest be paid?