Ed Jaffa is an Associate Solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial team, based in the Bristol office. Ed is a commercial specialist and well-known for his technical knowledge and dynamic approach. Qualified for over 3 years after training with a well-regarded national firm, Ed brings a wealth of experience in all aspects of commercial matters including contracts, data protection, GDPR and intellectual property.
In recent years, Ed has gained valuable experience assisting in-house legal teams for a range of companies including a luxury yacht manufacturer, a world-renowned theatre company, national haulage company, global fast-food outlet, national vet practice and helicopter services company.
Ed works with ambitious, growing, owner-managed SMEs and provides both tactical and strategic advice. Clients appreciate Ed’s ability to provide practical, business-focused and easy to understand advice. He helps clients to achieve their objectives, fix issues and avoid potential future pitfalls.
Examples of work Ed specialises in:
- Assisting clients by being part of their ‘external in-house legal team’
- Negotiation strategy and unlocking stalled deals
- Advertising & consumer rights
- Digital business contracts such as subscription, advertising & marketing agreements
- Complex distribution agreements
- Regulatory matters
- Agency law
- Bespoke complex contractual arrangements
- Assisting with the commercial contract diligence in corporate M&As