Jennifer Hargreaves is a Solicitor in the Family team, based in the Bristol office. She has years of experience advising clients on all aspects of private family law.
Jennifer is a member of Resolution (national organisation of family lawyers) and therefore, promotes and supports helping her clients to reach an amicable agreement if possible whilst recognising that there are times when the Court’s assistance is needed.
Whether you require assistance dealing with divorce, financial aspects of divorce and relationship breakdown or children issues, Jennifer provides sensitive, practical and fair advice to clients. You can follow Jennifer on Instagram @bristolfamilylawyer where she talks about family law issues.
Examples of work Jennifer specialises in:
- Advising clients who have serious concerns about the welfare of their children when spending time with the other parent following separation.
- Acting for clients who wish to relocate internally or internationally with their children.
- Advising a client in relation to divorce and financial proceedings where they owned a large property portfolio jointly owned with third parties.
- Acting for clients who seek an order regarding which school their child should attend, and for the payment of school fees by the other parent.
- Advising clients on and drafting prenuptial and living together agreements.
- Obtaining emergency injunctions to protect clients from harassment or physical abuse.
- Acting for a client in relation to divorce and financial proceedings where the family home was integral to the clients’ work.
- Acting for parents in financial proceedings as they had loaned their son funds to purchase the matrimonial home.
- Acting for a client whose time with his children was being limited to supervised time only. Successfully secured unsupervised time with his children with a swift move to the children spending time with him overnight.
- Advising a client facing several allegations after a separation that resulted in reduced contact with the children
“Just a note to offer our thanks. It is a relief to us all that we have finally reached a resolution. It has been one of the most traumatic experiences of our lives, but the support, understanding, and compassion that has been shown to us by our legal team throughout the long process is not to be underestimated. For this we are truly appreciative.”
Insight from Jennifer
Can I keep our family pet in a divorce?
8 Considerations of the Court when making Child Arrangement Orders
Separated parents: how to plan for a Covid-Christmas
What are the grandparents rights in family law?
5 reasons to have a Cohabitation Agreement
Support for victims of domestic abuse
What is ‘no-fault’ divorce?
What is Coercive & Controlling Behaviour?
A conversation with Amy Beddis, Family Law Barrister at 3PBBarristers
Planning child arrangements during the festive period
Armed Forces Day
Bristol Solicitors take part in the Bristol Legal Walk