Karen is a Solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial team, based in our Bristol office. Karen’s experience encompasses share sales and purchases, investment-based crowdfunding, share exchanges and buybacks, shareholders’ agreements and general aspects of company law.
After graduating in Law from Cardiff University, Karen studied the Legal Practice Course part time whilst working as a paralegal. Following the completion of her studies, she started her training contract and qualified as a solicitor in September 2018.
Outside of work, Karen enjoys playing netball and rugby and has a keen interest in travelling. She is also fluent in Tagalog (Filipino).
Corporate deal highlights as a trainee/newly qualified include:
- Professional Services: completing the purchase of three accountancy practices in Mid Wales with funding obtained from the Development Bank of Wales;
- Professional Services: acting for the sellers in the management buyout of an engineering company;
- Healthcare: acting for a client in the sale of one of its dental practices to a newly formed company and the joint purchase of two dental practices in Portsmouth.
Examples of work Karen specialises in:
- Food, Drink & Hospitality: Acting for a Vodka manufacturing company raising £200,000 from 15 investors.
- Retail: Acting for a luxury womenswear brand during a round of investment including compliance with SEIS/EIS Rules.
- Healthcare: Acting for a hearing aids supplier company in the purchase of assets from a company in administration saving 30 jobs.
- Manufacturing: Acting for a wholesale trade company in the purchase of Amazon Accounts and other assets from a partnership.
- Manufacturing: Acting for a building and services company in the purchase of assets from a sole trader specialising in electrical installation.
- Manufacturing: Acting for a distribution company in the incorporation and transfer of assets from a sole trader.
- Digital Media & Technology: Acting for a shareholder in the company buyback of shares.