Louise is a solicitor in the Family team and based in the Bristol office. Louise joined GL Law in 2016 as a paralegal and qualified as a solicitor in July 2020.
As a member of Resolution (a recognised national organisation of family lawyers) Louise works with clients and their families to resolve maters in a constructive and non-confrontational way.
She has experience dealing with private family law issues including relationship breakdown, divorce, finance and children issues. She is dedicated to ensuring that client’s individual needs are listened to and prioritised throughout the matter.
If you are ready to make a start with Louise online, please click here.
Examples of work Louise specialises in:
- Advising on and drafting divorce petitions and financial statements.
- Acting for clients who have assets in other countries, liaising with foreign lawyers.
- Obtaining emergency injunctions to protect clients and children from harassment or physical abuse. Heavily involved in a case of serious domestic abuse where the child had witnessed the abuse against his mother. Various applications were made to the court including a non-molestation and occupation order, children act proceedings and financial remedy proceedings.
- Acting for a farming client where the main family asset was the farming business and family matrimonial home. Retaining the family business being the key priority.
- Advising and drafting on a s.25 statement in preparation for a final hearing.
- Attending court hearings for financial remedy proceedings.
Insight from Louise
Do I need a prenup?
Divorce jargon explained
A new place for your wedding ceremony
New legal age for marriage in England and Wales
Children disputes – breaking a child arrangements order
5 minutes with family solicitor, Louise Kiely
Family Mediation Voucher Scheme
Brexit – how will my divorce be affected?
Married, Separated, Divorced? What does it mean for your Will?
Valentine’s Day: Relationship breakdown advice
National living wage and national minimum wage increases
Long Read: Pre-contract Representation and Contract Formation