Healthcare is a complex, every changing and largely regulated area that requires specialist legal guidance and representation. Our team offers a collaborative, wraparound service providing practical advice based on experience.
How can we help?
Our team of Healthcare solicitors act for a diverse range of clients from providers of primary medical and alternative healthcare services, manufacturers and distributors of medical equipment and devices to healthtech companies.
Our multi-disciplinary team take the time to understand your business and the specific and complex landscape in which healthcare services are provided. We have the experience and sector knowledge to provide expert commercial support and legal advice to healthcare clients worldwide.
A collaborative approach ensures wraparound client care and brings together our joint expertise in healthcare specific regulatory, corporate transactional, litigation, employment and property law. We regularly act for pharmacy, dental and optometry clients as well as health-tech entrepreneurs, care providers and practising healthcare professionals.
We also provide practical and technical advice to care providers, specialising in regulatory issues and corporate transactions including consolidation, acquisition or disposal. The team boasts a detailed understanding of the sector and the continuously changing challenges that business owners face. This experience complements our specialist team of Care solicitors who support individuals with long term or elderly care needs and Court of Protection matters.
Individuals in the healthcare sector such as doctors, opticians and dentists, benefit from our experience in acting for professionals on personal matters. This includes asset protection and future planning tools such as making a specialist Will or creating a trust, and other services from our employment, family law and residential property teams.
We can advise on:
- Corporate transactions, including funding, M&A
- Joint ventures, outsourcing, and insourcing
- Technology transfers and IP licensing
- R&D collaborations
- Commercial and supply chain contracts
- Privacy and data protection
- Regulatory and compliance: healthcare regulation, corporate compliance & information governance, health and safety, biocidal product regulation
- Advising on regulatory enforcement action – advising clients in respect of investigations by UK regulators, including the Health & Safety Executive and Care Quality Commission, representation at interviews under caution
- Public procurement
- Employment and HR: including workforce, immigration, professional disciplinary, TUPE transfers, tribunal claims
- Commercial property: including care home and practice premises transfers and leases
- Contract disputes
- Court of Protection matters
Contact our specialist Healthcare solicitors
If you would like to discuss a matter with our Healthcare team, please call 0117 906 9400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Corporate & Commercial
Head of Regulatory and Licensing