Our dedicated Commercial solicitors take the time to understand your requirements, whether you need advice, a commercial agreement or preventative legal assistance. Our strategic thinking and attention to detail is aimed towards ensuring your commercial success.
How can we help?
Commercial advice for businesses
We provide a wide range of advice and services throughout the business life cycle.
Our approach to consumer credit combines a thorough understanding of the law with a pragmatic approach towards compliance. We will work with you to ensure compliance with consumer law and avoid regulatory action, helping you to promote consumer trust and confidence while managing organisational and reputational risk.
- Advice on regulated and exempt consumer credit agreements, including hire purchase agreements
- Preparation of applications under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation regime
- Compliance training
- Advice on regulatory investigations
We understand the need for compliance at every level of the business. Our experience of regulatory disputes ensures we offer practical and effective advice, especially around how the law applies to distance selling and digital content.
- Advice on consumer terms and conditions, delivery and refund policies
- Advice on consumer law generally, including consumer rights
- Advice on distance selling and the supply of digital content
- Advice on selling goods and services to children and vulnerable adults
- Consumer law training
- Advice on consumer complaints and disputes
With data privacy issues and cyber threats making headlines daily, we understand that compliance with data protection law requires both a proactive and a reactive approach. We develop frameworks for clients which enable and promote compliance. We also manage risks of data security breaches and provide a framework for managing issues promptly and effectively as and when they arise.
- Practical advice on compliance with data protection law from collection through to disposal across the entire business organisation
- Advice on data privacy issues in the digital world
- Preparation of data protection policies and protocols
- Preparation of response plans for data security breaches
- Data protection training
- Data protection audits and privacy impact assessments
- Advice on subject access requests
E-business & technology law
We are passionate about the technology and future developments sector and this is reflected in our vast knowledge and the way we approach our client projects. Our solicitors develop a 360 view of your business and offer creative solutions that are viable within commercial and legal frameworks.
We provide a responsive service across the academic (EdTech), advertising (AdTech), consumer, retail, financial (FinTech), healthcare (HealthTech) and professional services markets.
- e/m-commerce advice
- Gaming advice
- Expertise in online communities, platforms and social media
- Internet and domain law and regulation advice
- Internet of Things/M2M technologies advice
- Smart home and smart city solutions advice
- Expertise in wearables
Contact our Commercial solicitors in Bristol or London
Changes to employee fit notes – from today
HMRC announces an updated approach to the clearance process and timeline for IHT100 forms
The Funding Gap: Seller Protection in an MBO
Family business & next generation succession
Father's Day: What are your Rights after Divorce or Separation?
Hello Forfeiture – my old friend