Our dedicated Commercial solicitors take the time to understand your requirements, whether you need advice, a commercial agreement or preventative legal assistance. Our strategic thinking and attention to detail is aimed towards ensuring your commercial success.
How can we help?
Commercial Contract Solicitors
Our team of commercial contract solicitors work with startup, growing and established businesses to prepare, review or negotiate commercial agreements and contracts.
Agency, distribution & franchise agreements
As SME experts, we provide you with comprehensive legal advice on all aspects of agency, distribution and franchising arrangements. We understand that these arrangements can be some of the most mission-critical for any business and are often international in their scope.
- Review of existing agreements
- Preparation and negotiation of agency, distribution and franchising agreements
- Advice on how to move your business forward and create effective relationships with your customers
- Advice on restructuring and terminating agency, distribution and franchise arrangements
- Clear explanations of complex legal provisions
Collaboration & joint venture agreements
When collaborations and joint ventures work the potential for growth and success can be huge. Our Commercial team work closely with a range of clients on collaboration and joint venture arrangements, between businesses and between academic institutions and industry partners.
We know it’s key to understand the values, governance and goals of those involved and the business rationale, needs and expectations of each party. That’s why we adopt the same spirit of collaboration to identify the key factors and potential issues upfront, bringing all parties together at the outset to build a solid foundation for success.
- Strategic advice on the right structure and potential risks to protect your interests
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements and governance frameworks
- Advice on the exploitation of jointly-developed intellectual property rights
- Advice on the unwinding and termination of collaboration and joint venture arrangements
We work closely with manufacturers, intellectual property rights holders, wholesalers and distributors on a range of manufacturing agreements.
Our team make sure you understand these agreements, and ensure there’s a fair balance of risk and reward. We can conduct a comprehensive review of all major legal issues to avoid disputes later. We give certainty over the life of the contract allowing greater efficiency savings and planning of resources.
- Long term contracts
- Quality standards and warranty period advice
- Advice on Payment provisions
- Expertise in product liability
- Advice on contract exits
The benefits of outsourcing various business functions, systems and units are widely recognised. However, outsourcing projects are not without their risks and typically require an approach which cuts through the complexity of the arrangements to deliver an agreement which is clear, workable and meets the commercial objectives of the parties.
We work within a range of sectors to deliver advice on a wide variety of outsourcing projects. We take the time to understand the relationship between both parties so that we can help you transfer control of the outsourced aspect of the business, and better negotiate and draft all legal documentation from invitation to tender to engagement and implementation.
- Expertise in IT, Supply chain and business process outsourcing
- Advice on third party logistics
- Understanding of employment (TUPE) implications of outsourcing projects
We know how to identify challenges that technology agreements can pose at the earliest opportunity. This enables us to play an integral role in the risk management process and to negotiate contracts which are robust and workable. We work collaboratively with our Dispute Resolution team on complex projects to ensure that liability and indemnity provisions are proportionate and enforceable.
- Access to expert legal knowledge underpinned by sound technical knowledge
- Agreements that are both technically correct and commercially workable
- Domain name acquisition agreements
- Outsourcing and transitional service arrangements
- Service level agreements
- Digital content licensing and cross-licensing
- Technology platform agreements of all varieties
Contact our Commercial contract solicitors in Bristol or London