The Business Life Plan
We cannot predict the future of your business or indeed your personal life, but we can put measures in place to protect you.
How can we help?
What is a Business Life Plan?
The Business Life Plan is a toolkit of documents designed to provide protection for your business interests and private assets.
Do I need a Business Life Plan?
We help business owners, directors and shareholders put plans in place for the future. Whatever stage you are at in business and in life, knowing that you have prepared for a time when you are ready to slow down or forced to stop working will give you peace of mind. With a clear understanding of your end-goals and the knowledge that your future is protected, you can focus on running the business.
What does a Business Life Plan include?
- Documents that will protect your rights within the business – including Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
- Business succession planning – Shares, investments, employee share schemes, family businesses
- Personal wealth protection – Wills, LPAs, estate planning, trusts, inheritance tax planning, insurance
- Retirement planning – Restructuring business assets, pension, tax planning
- Legacy planning – Foundations, charities, trusts, family investments
How does it work?
Our team of expert business support solicitors will review your current situation using the Business Life Planning questionnaire, and make recommendations that are tailored to suit you, your business and your family. With a combination of corporate and private client legal experts on hand, we take a holistic approach and consider all aspects of your life.
How do I get started?
HMRC announces an updated approach to the clearance process and timeline for IHT100 forms
The Funding Gap: Seller Protection in an MBO
Family business & next generation succession
Father's Day: What are your Rights after Divorce or Separation?
Hello Forfeiture – my old friend
MBOs - how long should deferred consideration be deferred? And should interest be paid?