Our Tax and Private Wealth team provides services to investors, fund managers, entrepreneurs, executives, high net worth individuals and their families and trustees.
How can we help?
Private Wealth Solicitors
Our team of expert private wealth solicitors have the detailed technical knowledge and breadth of experience to help clients manage, structure and protect their assets.
We can advise on:
- All personal taxes in relation to corporate transaction including advising Investors, Management Teams and Fund Managers on Entrepreneurs’ Relief, Share for Share Exchange, Carried Interest, Investors Relief and Share schemes
- Tax compliance
- Residence and Domicile
- Structuring personal investments & assets
- The creation and maintenance of a trust
- The creation and maintenance of Family Investment Companies including Family Governance
- Tax implications of investing into an SEIS, EIS and VCT (including obtaining EIS status)
- The design, implementation and taxation of Employee Share Incentives
- Share capital structuring
- Tax disputes and HMRC enquires/investigations
Our Tax and Private Wealth team work closely with our wider private client team to provide specialist advice on all aspects of will drafting, wealth protection, care planning and estate administration.
Inheritance tax planning
We understand that an important part of inheritance planning is minimising tax on your assets and estate.
Our specialist solicitors have many years of experience working with individuals, trusts and beneficiaries to create the best possible outcome. We take into consideration your unique needs to help minimise the impact of inheritance and capital gains tax and to maximise the tax reliefs.
- Advice on available tax reliefs and exemptions
- Advice on the most tax efficient way of disposing of your assets and making gifts
- Restructuring of your assets and how they are owned, to mitigate tax
- Protection of your family wealth for future generations
Personal succession planning
In addition to making a Will, it is also sensible to consider lifetime succession planning. Our specialist solicitors can help you pass on your assets to your family during your lifetime in a tax effective way. This can be particularly important if you hold shares in a family business.
Working closely with our colleagues in other areas of GL Law, we will consider your circumstances and set out clearly the options available to you in planning your future. Once you have made a decision, we will work with you to ensure your wishes are implemented.
The succession planning service we offer is personal to you and therefore the relationship between you and your adviser is paramount. This will involve getting to know you and your family situation well so that we can provide you with a bespoke service tailored to your individual circumstances.
Asset Protection Review
From setting up trusts and lifetime giving, to restructuring business assets and succession planning, our Asset Protection Review provides you with a strategy to protect your private wealth. We will review your personal situation and advise on the advantages and disadvantages of available asset protection tools and legal strategies.
The Asset Protection Review costs £450 +VAT (£540 incl VAT).
Contact our Private Wealth solicitors in Bristol or London
Rectification: Correcting mistakes in legal documents
Do I need probate?
Think that you can set the minimum prices for the resale of your products? Think again!
Ben Coulson promoted to Associate Director at GL Law
Separating but unmarried - what are my legal rights?
Unfair dismissal – misconduct and bringing an employer into disrepute